Will your anti-virus work when you need it?

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

 comple
Shew! That's all I can say. I clicked an email yesterday infecting my computer with a virus that completely shut her down. Won't even boot up! I'd like to think I'm smarter than that. I know my way around a computer been using one for YEARS without a virus problem. This virus was smarter than me. Let me explain.

We just got back from Florida. Sanibel has a toll road onto the island. Cash only. I had cards. They sent me through unpaid, took a picture of my tag and will send a bill. I thought I found one in my junk mail. The invoice from EZ Pass looked so legit. After all, I was expecting it, right? I clicked it. Yes, my anti-virus software said it was malicious but I clicked it anyway. BAM! Dead computer! So I had to borrow a computer to write my newsletter today. I'm hoping a rescue cd can fix my computer.

Here's the thought for today. Our bodies have built-in protection to fight viruses. Plus, we can take all kinds of preventative measures to keep from getting sick. But we still do. We don't try to get sick. We don't do anything to catch a cold or any other type virus.  I don't know anyone who starts their day looking for a virus to catch. In contrast, computers aren't built with virus protection. It is an add-on. If you don't want your computer to get sick, you buy it some protection. Does anti-virus software always keep our computers safe? No, not always! Especially when we click on things that are questionable or we know we shouldn't.

Let's think of sin as a virus and Jesus as our anti-virus.  Mark 2:17 says "When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." We don't have a built-in anti-virus for sin. We are all sinners. Jesus died so we can be virus-free through him. That doesn't mean we'll never sin, we will.  But, if we consider sin the Holy Spirit warns us it is a malicious threat. We have the choice to sin or not. If we do sin, Jesus is ready to forgive us and cover our sin. He's our rescue cd.

My computer can't be saved. You can! Please don't choose to take your chances without antivirus. Accept the add-on protection of Jesus to insure your cure from sin. You've heard about the "worm" virus, haven't you? It's a eternal killer. Mark 9:44 may speak of it talking about hell "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched".

Protected,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Comments