Make your Own Grilled Chicken Salad

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

 
 
I've always loved salads
I especially love LongHorn's Grilled Strawberry Salad
I also love Panera Bread's Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad
Since I don't live near either of these
I make my own and you can make your own Grilled Chicken Salad too!
Here's how...
grill-pan
The Pampered Chef Grill Pan is the "coup de grace"
when grilling chicken for a salad or any main dish!
I start by cutting my chicken in thin, long pieces
 and then grill on the stovetop.
Takes about 10 minutes and done!
 
Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning is a MUST!
Sprinkle on your chicken while cooking
The taste is restaurant-style or simple perfection.
 
While the chicken is cooking,
prepare the rest of your salad.
I use this organic Spring Mix from Earthbound Farm
 You can use any fruit you like
Today, I used watermelon, pineapple and grapes together
I love strawberry and pineapple together too,
fresh apples, mandarin oranges, fresh oranges
any fruit you like that is not mushy will work
I never use blueberries, don't know why?
 
 
I also add something crunchy too
pumpkin seeds, pretzels (gluten-free)
pecans, croutons (gluten-free)
basically anything I consider healthy
that can add some crunchy texture
 
Once your chicken is done
spoon on the top of your greens
sprinkle with the dressing of your choice
I choose to make my own.
Today I used pomegranate red wine vinegar (1 tbsp.)
combined with olive oil (1 tbsp.), lemon juice (1/2 tsp.) and
just the slightest dash of sugar
I don't measure these I just keep mixing until
I get the taste I want.
 
I also love lime dressing prepared with
100% virgin olive oil and lime juice.
Lime dressing makes the fruit taste so sweet
Any vinaigrette enhances the sweetness of fruit.
Balsamic vinegar and olive oil is tasty too.
Remember, to reduce the acidity just add a pinch of sugar.
 
I hope this helps you make delicious Grilled Chicken Salad
I believe the key is the taste of the chicken
always use Mrs. Dash
and the salad dressing
always make your own!
 
Enjoying some salad,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap
 


Comments