What would you do if you were told you had 15 months to live?

Monday, November 25, 2013

I meet some pretty amazing ladies blogging! I meet one last week, Heather Von St. James.

Heather, hubby Cameron & daughter Lily Rose
Her tenacity and view of the world through rose-colored glasses inspires me! Each November, the month she was diagnosed with a deadly cancer, she gets the dreaded "November Blues". Heather overcomes the blues by focusing on things she enjoys like the first frost, the first snowfall and the beautiful holiday lights. I think we all could learn from Heather's positive outlook.

This November, I want to share her story to help her raise awareness of Mesothelioma. I'm thankful for Heather who hangs on to Hope and never lets go. I feel a connection to her because we have both struggled, stepped up to the plate with all the grit we could muster and kicked a birth defect and an illness right where it hurts. Heather's story is one of courage and love. Her take-away from her challenge is
 "With Hope. The Odds Don't Matter." 
I concur!

Watch a video about Heather, a courageous Mother, Wife and  an 8-year Survivor of Mesothelioma. What would you do if you were told you had 15 months to live? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment. I'd love to hear your story and your hope. What has helped you overcome struggles in your own life?

Please show Heather your support by sharing her story via the social media buttons in this post. You can also watch my story here.

Uplifted & Inspired,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Comments