Baby Shower Cupcakes for the Daddy!

Saturday, November 9, 2013


My first granddaughter is due in 13 days!
Tonight is the "man-shower" for the Daddy
My contribution to the party are these cupcakes
I found these darling free printables at Embellish
I printed them on a sheet of Avery 8165 label paper
then stuck them to a piece of card stock for stability
Cut a regular straw into 3 pieces, slit the end and inserted the topper!
So simple....


Extra simple cupcakes using Pillsbury cake mix!


Easy Classic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting from Savory Sweet Life
The only ingredient not pictured above is the butter.
WHY?
because it's imperative NOT TO USE SALTED BUTTER.
Don't do it!
I think me and salt have a love/hate relationship
and...this time I hate salt.
Did I say not to use salted butter in this recipe?
I used Wilton "PINK" to color the frosting


What do you think?
I think they are girlie enough for a shower
and an expectant grand-girl
but still a touch manly 
with the brown's and yellow.

Can't wait for our new arrival,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap


Comments