A Flavorful & Easy Main Dish Recipe

Saturday, September 28, 2013

My Mom created this dish years ago
My Dad hated it!
but over the years he has grown to
eat a spoonful or two
He calls it "Goo-lock"
so that's what we call it too!
 
Goo-lock is a flavorful & easy main dish
you won't need a recipe card
make this once and
you've got it!
Here we go...
 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Brown a pound of ground chuck
drain the beef
and transfer to a mixing bowl
I used my PC large batter bowl
add 1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped red onion
 
add 1 heaping cup macaroni uncooked
 
 add 1 heaping cup sharp cheddar cheese
 Add 16 oz. crushed tomatoes
I used a can of my Mom's homemade canned tomatoes
YUMMY!
Juicer tomatoes cook the macaroni better
Add salt & pepper to taste
Stir ingredients and pour into 8" casserole dish
Cover with foil and put into preheated oven
Cook covered for 30 minutes
Uncover and BROIL for 10 minutes
Sprinkle some more cheese on top if desired.
 Today I served this with
rutabagas, broccoli and fried zucchini
So simple but sooooo good!
 
Loving easy recipes,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap
 
Leave me a comment and let me know how your "goo-lock" turned out!


Comments