The Dearest Award

Friday, September 13, 2013

I can't remember being awarded anything...EV-VER! Imagine my surprise when I received a tweet asking me if I had checked my blog comments. My first reaction (truthfully) was "What a pushy commenter!" I was busy at the moment but the more I thought about it, I just had to look. My opinion immediately changed about this particular comment. I soon thought "What a Sweetheart!"

An overwhelming thanks to sweet Alma at A Conquered Mess who nominated me for the Liebster Award. She is a beginner blogger like me. She amazes me with her goals setting, aspiring to be an RN and to run miles & miles. Looking for quality deets about parenting how-to's, sewing, hiking, laughing or lots of other things dealing with everyday life from a mom of two boys, she's your go-to girl.
I am cheesing while accepting this award. The rules for accepting the award are simple:
1. Link back to the one who nominates you
2. Answer the 10 questions the nominator has for you
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees
5. Notify your nominees 
The questions Alma asked me are the following:

1. What do you hope to achieve with your blog? Definitely a voice! I would love for folks to enjoy reading my heart splashed on a page and maybe pick up some inspiration or a bit of knowledge from my blog.
 2. If you could have any job in the world, which one would you want? I visited London this summer and was intrigued by the Monarchy. Queen of England, if but for a day, seems like an awesome occupation! I would love to get my hands on those Crown Jewels I stood in line for two hours to see.

3. If your life were a movie, what would it be called? The Odd Life of The Happy Handicap

4. What was your most prized possession as a child, as a teenager, and now?As a child, my red Huffy bicycle my Dad taught me to ride and take care of. As a teen, my pink Huffy 10-speed I bought myself with money earned from cleaning my Grandpa's house. Now? I don't have any possessions I prize. I've learned love is the most valuable thing anyone can have and it's not really a possession because it's free.
5. Who do you admire the most? My family. My husband Steve. Daughters Sydnee and Sloane. My son-in-law Trey. My Mom Juanita and Dad Clyde. I'm expecting my first grandchild in November 2013. She'll probably be the one I admire the most ;)
6. If there were a holiday in your honor, what would it celebrate? People who don't stare.
7. What is in your purse right now? Tell me EVERYTHING! Not much! A "31" cloth wallet with the usuals, a coordinating "31" manicure set, a couple of ink pens, allergy pills and a Klonopin...all in a "31" bag!

9. If you were a color, what color would you be and why? I would probably be green. Green is full of life, a neutral that agrees with everything, bold and firm.
10. What do you like the least about yourself? That I refuse to sell myself. I'm just me, the way God designed me. So much to offer and it's free but I have a hard time making myself jump through the hoop to get center ring in the circus!
My nominees are:

Heather @ The Frill of Life
Shelly @ Minettes Maze
Andrea @ Cloud Nine Chic
Nicki @ Sweet Parrish Place
These talented ladies keep me up at night, literally, reading their blogs. Do yourself a favor and check them out! You'll learn all kinds of tips and maybe even some tricks. You can put some frill in your life, have fun baking, lose yourself in a maze, see how a loved garden looks, ride on a cloud, have champagne dreams and talk about it all the time! You gotta love these blogs, show them by visiting and commenting.
Here's your questions:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. If you won the Powerball Lottery, what would you do with the money?
3. How did you meet your spouse?If unmarried, how do you dream of meeting them?
4. Which do you like best? Bake, Broil or Fry and Why?
5. Do you have a pet?
6. How often do you rearrange your furniture?
7. What is your favorite beverage?
9. Describe a self-portrait you would paint. What does it look like?
10. What's the best vacation you've ever taken?
Ready, set, go! Answers away!

Please consider joining my site or clicking my social buttons to follow...

Still reeling from the awkward award feeling,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Comments

  1. I love your answers, Queen of England is an interesting choice! And your thoughts "what a pushy commenter!" LOL I've heard a lot of great things about Thirty One, I might have to check it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for nominating me! You should definitely give Thirty One a look, great products!

      Tammy
      The Happy Handicap

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much. I am thrilled.

    ReplyDelete