Self-Heal with your own Hands

Monday, February 4, 2013

Today was not a normal Monday! I invited Amber Suter, LMT to my home. Amber and I met a couple of years ago at the Yin Yang House Acupuncture and Wellness Center in Chattanooga, TN. She specializes in Integrative Body and Energy Work. My body craves her reflexology and massage. Withdrawals are
ugly! My skin turns pale, sweats starts popping up like goosebumps and my circulation almost slows to a stop begging for more. Pets beg for treatments too (at least mine does)!

Most days we rush to work and back home just in time for bed. Tending to everyday life takes all our time and most of our money. Our bodies needs relaxation!

Reflexology is a luxury our own hands can give us. What is reflexology?  Reflexology or Zone therapy is an alternative medicine involving the physical act of applying pressure to the feet, hands, or ears with specific hand techniques with the use of oil.  There is no consensus among reflexologists on how reflexology is supposed to work; a unifying theme is the idea that areas on the foot correspond to areas of the body, and that by manipulating these one can improve health through one's qi.

I don't know how it works either but it does! Our bodies relieve pain and stress naturally if we "use what we got".  I've gotten relief from chronic pain, sciatica, digestive issues, migraine, sinus congestion and much more. My previous reflexologist lived in Cleveland, GA. I drove four hours per visit. Obviously, I think reflexology is WELL WORTH THE EFFORT!

You can do your own treatment! Try your hand at this easy relexology even while at work. Practice it at home and then use it to relieve some stress at your desk. Let me know how it works for you. If you are interested in Amber's services, she will be back at my home February 18th.

Chilled without pills,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Comments