An Open Letter to Girl Scout Cookies

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

cookies
Dear Girl Scout Cookies,

I admire how secretly you show up once a year to tantalize my taste buds. I have a few secrets of my own. I
told myself yesterday the first step to getting well is admitting you have a problem. Today, Girl Scout cookies I'm coming clean about my love-hate relationship with you.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways by eating...
  • 10 boxes of Thin Mints while feeling like I'm at the top of a snow-capped mountain with the wind blowing through my hair.
  • 8 boxes of those delicious lemon, snowy white, sugar-coated cookies I don't know the name of to keep our relationship simple with "no strings attached".
  • 7 boxes of Samoas because I love Chinese things, fire, water...no,no,no...Polynesian things!
  • 5 boxes of Do-Si-Dos for breakfast as I've heard my body needs protein within 20 minutes of getting out of bed.  I wonder if the ones I ate in bed count?
  • 1 box of Tresfoils for good measure remembering some 100-year-old Girl Scout grandmother that gave Juliette Gordon Low a recipe for shortbread cookies one beautiful 'hanging tree moss day" in Savannah.
How do I hate thee? I'll tell ya...
  • You ruin my diet every year. Have you ever considered baking cookies around the 'end of the year' holidays like everyone else?
  • You make my eyes itch and water from an allergic reaction.
  • You call my name from the pantry like some haunting in Connecticut. Could you be scarier please so I don't come every time you beckon me?
  • You know you are irresistible with your good looks and taste. Do you have to have little girls with sweet voices and begging faces to sell you too?
  • My husband (my true relationship) proudly brings home boxes of you. I smile at him and behind his back, scowl and stick my tongue out at you. I'll slap that smirk right off your box!
In closing, I truly appreciate the good you do for your organization. The only way I can continue in this relationship is knowing I have helped someone in some way. Let's keep up the good work!

Much love and hate,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Like this post? Share it or leave me a comment! Either way I'll be happy!!!

Comments

  1. Tammy, you can still help the girls out by buying and donating them to the armed force. Haley is a girl scout now. Tehy are so good but, one box just feeds my family with about three or four each.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirlene, I LOVE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! I just eat too many! Thanks for letting me know about donating to the troops though, good idea!

      Delete
  2. Girl Scout Cookies are SO DELICIOUS!! :) YUM!! Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES THEY ARE! I love Girl Scout Cookies! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. They are great but you left out the somora or however you spell it that I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 7 boxes of Samoas in the "love" section! Are these the ones you're talking about? The chocolate, coconut and cookies gooey goodness is awesome! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Oh my I love frozen thin mints! And they sabotage my diet very single year too,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried them frozen! That's on my agenda. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Yum! And way too low priced, too. I thought fun raisers were supposed to be expensive. If they were ten dollars a box, that would sure help keep my consumption level down. Seriously, they are of the devil.

    Happy Sharefest. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! lol They are of the devil. I ate a whole box of Thin Mints last night. The shame. The shame.

      Delete
  6. We have no little girls in our neighborhood selling cookies, but they have the grocery stores staked out with tables groaning with a multitude of boxes. Yes, it's hard to say no to a begging sweet girl. Hope you're having a wonderful SITS day. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I had an awesome SITS day! Thanks for stopping by. The girl scouts don't beg me, I usually beg them for MORE! lol

      Tammy
      The Happy Handicap

      Delete