3 Things that Happen when We Cry Out to God

Wednesday, May 28, 2014


Can we keep calm and cry out to Jesus? I don't believe so. There are many examples in the Bible where people cried out to God and he heard their cries. I don't think they cried calmly either.

2 Kings 20 says Hezekiah was sick unto death. The prophet Isaiah brought him a message to set his house in order for he shall surely die.  Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed. Verse 3 says "I beseech thee, O Lord, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore."  Hezekiah wept sorely not calmly. God heard his prayer, saw his tears and healed him. God added 15 years to his life.  Have you been healed?

Exodus 3:7 God heard the cries of his people and delivered them out of the bondage of the Egyptians. He parted the Red Sea also. When is the last time you saw this magnitude of miracle in your life?

David was at his lowest when he cried out to the Lord. Psalm 40:1-3 "I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord." Are you singing a new song?

So many examples of people crying out to God and him responding to their needs! My thought for today is "Are we crying enough? Are we crying loud enough? Are we crying long enough?"  I'll confess I used to cry more. I still cry out to God but maybe I've gotten comfortable. I've told myself that people are uncomfortable with emotions. Today, I'm reminded God is comfortable with our emotions. I believe he yearns to hear them and see our tears, according to His Word.

I'm crying out to you. What do you believe? Leave me a comment about what you've received from crying out or if you feel it really even makes a difference...

Emotionally invested,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap



Comments