There's Something Wrong if you Fear your Daddy

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Ah, the month of June! Sweet June reminds me of weddings, summers and Dads. Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there! A big shout out to my Dad, Clyde, my husband, Steve and my son-in-law, Trey! We've all heard the old saying "It takes more to be a Dad than just fathering a child." The saying is true for Dads and Moms. Procreation does not a good parent make.

I am thankful for my awesome Dad. I remember when I was young we would go to Woolworth's Department Store every Saturday. Dad would buy me a balloon on a stick. I'm not sure they even make them anymore. Getting me that balloon was our Saturday thing! We always ate dinner at Morrison's Cafeteria and then walked down the mall to buy my balloon. One week we walked down the mall and the store was closing. They wouldn't sell my Dad a balloon. He tried to get one but they refused. My heart was broken , not because I didn't get a balloon but because I still remember the sadness on my Dad's face and I was only five years old.  He knew how much I looked forward to my balloon and how much he enjoyed making me happy.

Our Heavenly Father is the same way. He enjoys making us happy. After all, he died to make us happy, to reconcile us to him in perfect love. The Bible says in I John 4:18 "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." How is your relationship with your Father? Heavenly and Earthly?

This Father's Day would be a perfect time to make amends or just tell your Dad you love him. And Dads I have an idea. Why not make this "the" Father's Day to remember? I don't care how old your child is...buy them a balloon! I bet they'll never forget.

Please tell me a special time you and your Dad shared. Leave me a comment.

Balloons still make me happy,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Comments