The Chest or the Bosom

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

 




When Steve lovingly slid Milisende’s stuffed zebra, Zebby, inside his jacket, I was jelly! His chest is still tender from his double lung transplant. You’d know the top of my face/head hits Steve perfectly centered on his scar. We hug gently not to hurt him.
I wondered what the draw is to laying your head in someone’s bosom that is so comforting. The bosom position also makes you feel safe, protected and loved. Arms don’t even need to complete the hug as long as your head rests on the bosom of another!
Then I remembered Abraham’s bosom from the Bible. I’d equate it to heaven before Jesus came, for people who died in faith believing. Ah! I suddenly understood the security of the physical bosom. It is a place of rest. God designed the space between our neck and stomach long and wide enough for a baby-size head to an adult-size head to fit. Wow!
Steve received new lungs inside his bosom. The heart is inside the bosom. God breathed life into our bosoms. Blood is disturbed from the bosom throughout the entire body. Life-giving milk comes from mom’s bosom. A lot of things happen in the bosom. I don’t know if your mind works like mine, but I’m thankful God can take a one-word thought and totally blow me away!
John 13:23
Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.

In his bosom365,




Comments