How to Use Your Faith to Find Something You Lost

Friday, April 22, 2022

keys

Do you allow God to help you in your life every single day? Do you ask him for help? I've heard eye-rolling comments such as "I don't want to bother him", "He's got more important things to do than fool with me" or "He's busy enough, I don't want to add to his list". Are you serious right now? YOU are God's number one priority! God loves to help us. He cannot wait to help us. The "key" to receiving help from The Almighty is to simply ask. I want to share our story of "The Lost Keys" to illustrate how powerful prayer is and how to use your faith to find something you lost...instantly. 

Our family was vacationing in Mexico Beach, Florida. We drove seperately but stayed together. My daughter, Sydnee lost her keys in the house. Losing her keys is not an unusual event for Sydnee, so the rest of us didn't get too excited. Her Dad, Sydnee and I looked for the key for at least an hour. My first line of action for anything, especially problems, is to pray and ask Jesus for help. I began my half-hearted, frustrated praying about five minutes into our search because honestly, I didn't want to be bothered looking for the keys. They were not MY keys. I didn't misplace them. 

Sound familiar? You may be better at being human than me. I'd be all in if I'd lost my keys, But, I didn't lose my keys. Sydnee did.  Humans always jump to blame others, me included. Humans also think others should pay for their shortcomings, me included. My human heart didn't care if she sweated a little over the ordeal. On the other hand, my momma heart began to get worried the longer the search . went on. We looked the house over. The sparsely decorated house should have coughed up the key easily. But it didn't. NOW, I'm concerned...
too hard for God
I've always taught my daughters to trust God, rely on God, ask God for ALL things! "Use your faith" I enourage them. The best way to increase your faith in God is to ask for his help with small things like finding your keys. Jesus loves working in the details of your life. He will blow your mind with his knowledge. Your faith and trust in Jesus will build with the small things. Your faith will increase to believe God can do the unimaginable, the insurmountable, the IMPOSSIBLE! That sentence gives me chills because he's done the impossible for our family. 

The keys are still lost. I got serious with my prayer. I went into the bedroom alone and closed the door. I got humble. I began my prayer with thankfulness. I praised God for being the all-knowing, omnipotent Creator. Please tell me where the keys are. Is there anything too hard for you? I got my answer immediately. I didn't question him saying, "Are you serious? No. That key can't be there." I walked directly to the WASHING MACHINE, opened the door, rummaged through the unwashed clothes and there they were, Sydnee's car keys! Thank you Jesus! The sight of those keys made my heart skip a couple of beats! My heart raced at the magnificence of God. He speaks to little 'ol me! Jesus, the son of God, talks to me. I am all heart eyes! My friends, that is how to use your faith to find something you lost. 

I began to think about what might be too hard for God. Here's what I came up with :

Nothing

Not One Thing is too hard for God!

Lovingly,

Comments

  1. God is so good and not to busy to help us with the small issues. I loved you blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NEVER too busy! Thanks for reading my friend. :)

      Delete