How to make Leftover Chuck Roast a Flavorful Chinese Stirfry

Monday, March 17, 2014

chinese stirfry

I had leftover chuck roast today. After making roast beef sandwiches twice, I wondered what I could do kinda creative with the leftover beef. I had asparagus I needed to use too!

I feel like a Master Chef after finding this recipe for Beef and Asparagus Stirfry! I modified it a bit and voila (or some chinese word I don't know). The result was this wonderful dish.

My modifications to Isabelle Boucher (Crumb's) recipe:

1. Use leftover chuck roast for the striploin steak
2. Add onions, chives and water chestnuts (my husband loves water chestnuts)
3. Omit the cornstarch and black bean stir fry
4. Sub the dry sherry for cooking wine on-hand
5. Shorten the cooking time because my beef was already cooked

Yummy! I prefer chicken over beef any day but I REALLY enjoyed this dish! Give it a try and let me know what ya think.

Pleasantly surprised,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Comments