Kids speak Wisdom!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

first baptist

Sunday School Photo Day at FBCC 2013 (that's me back there in the purple and my daughter beside me)! We love these chitlins! This past Sunday Sydnee and I supervised "Little K" after Sunday School. If you've never gotten involved with children's programs, you should, if for no other reason than to meet some wonderful young personalities! I guarantee you'll leave with a smile on your face and a higher spring in your step. We had two such personalities in class this week, two of the cutest, sweetest, sharpest, well-behaved boys ever!

I always like to ask kids the same question, "Do you know who Jesus is?" The five-year-old said
"God's son."  {big swoon} Then the funniest thing I've heard in a while...."I haven't seen him though. He keeps disappearing!"  I thought it was funny but he was dead serious.

That simple phrase "He keeps disappearing" set my wheels in motion.  I asked myself two questions. Do I look for Jesus? and Have I seen Him? Obviously, this child has been looking in hopes of seeing him. I look for and see Jesus in everything; a beautiful day, an aging relative, his controlled chaos of this country, a baby, a storm, architecture. I could go on and on. John 1:3 kjv "All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made."

Jesus is not a disappearing act but rather an "appearing" act. Titus 2:11 "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,..." You may not physically see a  man wearing a long flowing robe, bearded and hair down to his shoulders with birds lighting on his fingers. But keep this in mind. If you see any man, woman, boy or girl that has truly accepted the salvation of Jesus Christ, you've laid eyes on the exact image of Jesus.  You saw the real thing, not a replica, not a fake, but the true, reborn spirit of God appearing to you. Have you seen him?

Hoping to see Jesus in everyone,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Leave me some comment love. Let me know what amazing things your children say, I know they do!

Comments