A Plan Better than Dave Ramsey's for Debt-free Living

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

jesus paid it all
photo credit: empressofdirt.net
Is your 2015 resolution to get out of debt? If so, Dave Ramsey promises to make you debt-free. Dave says in his blog "You can get out of debt no matter how much you owe!" He tells you how people act that are debt-free in his article "7 Characteristics of Debt-Free People." Debt-free folks are wise, patient, confident, goal-driven, responsible, not materialistic and willing to make sacrifices. The question in my mind is "Are we ever really debt-free?"

I've never had a month where I didn't have to write a check for a bill or schedule a payment on the world wide web. Think about it. If you're alive and want to stay warm or cool, you'll always have a utility bill. If you want to stay connected and be mobile, you'll always have a cell bill. Unless you use an antennae, you've got a cable bill. Then there's insurance if you want to drive or be healthy and oh, let's not forget taxes! You will even incur debt as you draw your last breath and someone else will take care of your bills after you're gone. Can we ever be truly debt-free?

John 8:36 says "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." Our souls are the only thing about us that can truly be debt-free because Jesus paid it all. As the old song goes, "All to him I owe". Except, I don't owe him. His grace and mercy are free. You don't owe him either. You don't have to be wise, patient, confident, goal-driven, responsible, not materialistic or willing to make sacrifices to become free indeed. You do have to believe in Jesus unto salvation with your whole heart and love your neighbor.

You may already be monetarily debt-free as much as is possible but your soul may be burdened with a debt you can't pay. Have people seeking to be debt-free heard Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom? I'm glad some people are still willing to make sacrifices but that went out of style about 2000 years ago.  Make your 2015 resolution to get out of debt, not materialistically but...spiritually. Become a living sacrifice. Jesus can give you new meaning to Debt-Free Living!

Happy to be free,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Comments

  1. I'm Serenity Autumn , currently living in Texas city, USA. I am a widow at the moment with Four kids and I was stuck in a financial situation in May 2019 and I needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit. But as God would have it, I was introduced to a woman of God a private loan lender who gave me a loan of 850,000.00 USD and today am a business owner and my kids are doing well at the moment, if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral , no credit check, no co signer with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule, please contact Mr Pedro On Email pedroloanss@gmail.com He doesn't know that I am doing this but I am so happy now and I decided to let people know more about him and also I want God to bless him more.

    ReplyDelete