Frozen 2: A 6-year old Perspective

Wednesday, November 27, 2019


Disney's Frozen 2
Disney's FROZEN 2 is the biggest movie at the box office right now. I loved Frozen! I heard from several sources this sequel was better than the first. I was super excited to see the movie with my grands and my daughters yesterday!

I had a lap full with both girls sitting with/on me. Milisende, age 3, played out every detail with her facial expressions. Lisette, age 6, and I watched intently with much less expression.
grandgirls

The first thing I noticed about the movie was the advancement in graphics, cinematography, animation or whatever it's called. The characters were more life-like than animated than the original movie. The next thing I noticed was the length because Lisette asked at least four times if it was almost over. I noticed the music wasn't as catchy as the first movie. I noticed the story line was intricately deep and I pondered why the writers wrote this for kids. I also thought there might be a little too much magic going on.

If I don't accomplish anything else in life, my #1 goal is to make sure my children and grandchildren know I love them madly! I want to be an important part of their lives. I want them to reach out to me, lean on me and trust me. Therefore, I've always used conversation to garner their attention.

"Lisette, what was the movie about?" I asked, expecting a brief overview of what happened. After all, I already formed my opinions; colorful, too long, too deep, bad music and too much magic! I was proudly astonished when she immediately answered in the sweetest most contemplated voice ever, "Love!". The word rolled out of her heart as freely as ice fires from Elsa's hands. She then asked me "Granmom, what does compassion mean?" I explained compassion means to care about someone's situation or being; to genuinely show someone you care about them. She said "Okay, then, the movie was about LOVE AND COMPASSION!" 
love sign
I'm thankful for a ton of things every day. But, if I must pinpoint one thing this day, I'm thankful for Lisette. Her sincere innocence is humbling. Her above-age intuitiveness is remarkable. Her love and compassion are evident.

Shooting for Love and Compassion365,

Comments