Action!

Saturday, September 8, 2018

surf

Does this picture speak to you? What does it say? The surfer has two choices; get in the water or remain on the shore. He may be anticipating the exhilaration of his morning surf? He could be procrastinating about the small swells or all the people in his way?  One thing is certain. Action is required! He can move to the water and enjoy his surf or allow his negative thoughts to rob him of an activity he loves.

bible action words

Mary Ann shared one of her favorite verses with me yesterday. Isaiah 41:10 says "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." I shared one of mine. Psalm 37:4 says "Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."  Three phrases stood out in my mind; Fear not, Be not dismayed and Delight thyself. All three require action!  My photographic memory quickly sped through many Bible verses, all requiring action from me to obtain my desired results from Him!

Jesus performed the ultimate action giving his life to redeem us. The plan is finished. Now, action is required from us. Is it too much to ask for us not to fear? Is it too much for us to be not dismayed? Is it too much for us to delight ourselves in Him? Some days, not being afraid and not being dismayed are monumental tasks! I lose my footing. I allow the enemy too much brain space. I find myself wanting to run into a cozy corner where I can shrivel up and cry uncontrollably. Who's with me?

However, those sweet, sweet days I purposefully delight myself in God's grace and mercy, the half has never been told! He makes me feel like I could ride the gnarliest crest hanging ten!  Which situation requires more action? The sweet one. The delightful one I want to wake up in every day. The delightful one I can wake up in every day if I keep my actions toward Him, in Him and for Him.

God requires action from us. Ongoing action! Action is required! Action is necessary! Action is a must! And as a gentle reminder, doing nothing is an action.

Staying active,

Comments