Are You Outnumbered?

Sunday, June 4, 2017

hagar the horrible

I wish I could find the Hagar cartoon I wanted to share. At one time, I had this unforgettable cartoon in my office. I cut it out of the newspaper, taped to my computer monitor and read the funny every day for years! The cartoon had two images. The first was a huge army of Vikings with weapons aimed yelling to Hagar and his men "We have you outnumbered 500 to 1". The second image shows Hagar looking around at his FOUR men to say "Oh good. They're over-confident!". 

I still love that cartoon. The message is ingrained in my memory forever. Are you outnumbered? I felt like I was always outnumbered at work every day. However, I felt those that outnumbered me were over-confident in their own ability. Over-confidence in self is dangerous. Do you feel outnumbered? Your circumstances may seem grim and hopeless. You may be numerically outnumbered but if you have Jesus, you have THE ONE you need.

Here's proof through truth:
  1. David was outnumbered by the Philistine army but killed their giant Goliath with a slingshot and one stone. I Samuel 17
  2. Gideon was outnumbered 135,000 Midianites to his 300 men but overthrew the enemy. Judges 7
  3. Elijah was outnumbered 450 prophets of Baal to one to prove the God of Abraham, Isaac and of Israel is the only true and living God.
  4. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were outnumbered by idol worshipers, did not bow and was delivered from the fiery furnace without even a smoky smell. Daniel 3
  5. Daniel was outnumbered in the lions den but he emerged from the den unscathed while the lawmakers were devoured by the lions before they hit the ground. Daniel 6
You can never be over-confident in God. He is our only hope! You can be over-confident in yourself. You can certainly try to misuse the power of God for your own good. It won't work. The power of Jesus and everything we do will glorify the Father if we wish to receive his help.  

When you become/feel outnumbered, simply cling to His Word...

Image result for i can do all things through christ

Please don't try life alone. If you're facing a crowd of ten, you and Christ equal eleven! If it's two people, 13 devils and one big business, you and Christ equal more than conquerors! If it's three kids, five grands, a stepmom, a mean mother-in-law and a defiant dad, you and Christ equal the ability to speak peace and even the waves obey his will. Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 

If God is with us?
Who can outnumber us?

Counting on The One,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Comments