Blown Away

Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'm feeling a bit like Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz today...Blown Away!  I don't own a blue gingham dress, have long enough hair to make nice pigtails but I do have a dog named Hermie.  This year has felt like five months in Oz with the Bad Witch and flying monkeys creating a scary scene that I'd like to wake up from.  Yes, the winds have been a-howling but, thank God, our house is built on the Rock. And if it weren't for the precious characters in my life, I might want to click my heels and go somewhere different than home.

Steve, my brave lion, far from cowardly.  Put em up, Put em up!  Which one of yous first?  I'll fight you both again if you want.  I'll fight you with one paw tied behind my back.  I'll fight you standing on one foot.  I'll fight you with my eyes closed.  Yes, he's everything a woman could ask for in a man.  He's brave, a fighter, protector and covered in hair all over.  If you've seen Steve lately, you know that's an exaggeration!  I love him and he'll fight for me, witch or no witch, guards or no guard.  He's going in and I can't talk him out of it. 

Sydnee, my scarecrow, the happiest one in the crowd!  She's full of funny faces and humor even in the toughest situations.  No, Oz never did give nothing to the scarecrow that she didn't already have.  Brains running out her ears, she has to keep poking them back in and I think a few may have spilled out.  She's always fashionable with the latest hats and scarves.  She's teaches Math and I can't even pass college algebra.  "The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining sides." - Scarecrow

Sloane, my tin man, a bit uptight and a little rusty around the edges with a heart of gold.  "And I was standing over there rusting for the longest time.  Now, I know I've got a heart 'cause it's breaking...".  Scary time of life for Sloane, about to graduate college and the future is uncertain but isn't the future always uncertain? Her heart will lead her and that ax that she carries will do the rest!  Keep your heart dripping with love and you might want to get some fashion advice from the scarecrow.  That hat looks like you bought it at Auto Zone.  Just sayin.....

 Uncle Henry and Auntie Em, my Dad and Mom.  This picture looks just like them.  My Mom always pointing and showing us how to do things and my Dad looking at her like he's heard it all before but I think I'll do it my way anyhow!  The support and love of Dorothy's precious family just like my Mom and Dad brought her back to Kansas which she called home.  I have never forgotten there's no place like home and there's nobody else like Mom and Dad. 


Trey, Sydnee's husband, is my Professor Marvel.  Trying to figure it all out.  He doesn't have a crystal ball or taro cards but he might try to use a poker deck.  He's an entertainer, thinks he's artsy and all.  I can tell Sydnee has been dressing him again!  In the end, although he's a philosopher wanna be, he doesn't have many of the answers but he is a great friend to all.  Everybody loves Trey, including me.  He's kind of a misfit but he likes it that way.  It keeps him mysterious and out there.  Just look at the picture of him.  It was turned a different way from all the others and I'm having to make up more and more writing about him to fill this space.  What the crap? 


Now that's what I'm talking about.....Ruby Red Slippers!  It would be nice if a Good Witch would give me a pair of ruby red slippers that I could make a wish and click my heels and presto, it's done!  But the facts are:  I couldn't wear the dang things if I had them.  The heels are too high and my prosthetics would make the sides bulge out!  I wouldn't even have enough toe action to click my heels together.   Big sigh.....
                                                     Over the rainbow and still I'm,
                                                                                                            The Happy Handicap

Comments