We're All MAD Here!
|Alice, The Queen of Hearts and The Mad Hatter|
What you'll need for The Trunk:
- a psychedelic brightly colored fleece blanket or towel
- stuffed white rabbit
- teapot, sugar/creamer and a couple of tea cups with saucers
- printed directional signs taped to a cardboard post (see pic below)
- bucket with rocks to stationary cardboard post
- cardboard and white paper for clock
- string of 50 Christmas lights (optional)
- large butterflies or flowers (My butterflies are about 10 years old. They were so pretty I hated to throw them away so I stapled them to our garage wall. I KNEW they'd come in handy one day!)
- printed cheshire cat taped to cardboard for stability
Here are some examples of our trunk:
|Before adding the sheet that doubled as a tablecloth, the tea pot and lights.|
|The trunk lighted after dark with my precious granddaughter enjoying the ambiance!|
|The homemade costumes added extreme excitement and some fright to our trunk.|
So MUCH Fun!
A brief summary on making the Queen of Hearts costume. I took an old long skirt slit the front and sewed in 2/3 yards of the silk "royal" looking fabric I found at Walmart for $3. I took an old black t-shirt and sewed in the pouf sleeves using a rubber band to keep them in place. You can sew or glue the felt heart on the front. The red gloves are from Walmart Halloween section. Added some costume jewelry, a crown, makeup and red paint on my hair. I got the skirt to look full by wearing my daughters' stand out slip (kids size 10-12). I didn't think I was a hoarder until I pulled that slip out of the cedar chest!
I hope this gives you an idea of how to create your own Alice in Wonderland Trunk or Treat. If you have questions on any of this, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below. I'll be happy to help you create your own fairy tale any way I can!
Not coming out of the Rabbit Hole,
The Happy Handicap