Do You Live in Neverland?

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Who likes Peter Pan? Wish you could fly off to Neverland with him? You may already be living in the land of Never and never realize it!

How many times have you been told "never"? My parents were told I would never walk and never contribute to society. I've been told I'd never be a success in business. I was told I'd never be an accountant (thank God I'm not). I've never worn high heel shoes which is never a good thing for a woman. I even created my own "never". I always told myself I'd never be married because of never having ten toes!

The people who told me "never", never knew me! They've never known my God either. Jesus is not from Neverland. He's from "Yes, I Can Land!".  Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.  Jesus helped me walk these four toes all the way to Disneyland Paris in 2013...quite a distance for a girl who would never walk!

Jesus has never said these things to anyone. You will never be mine if you sin against me. I will never love you if you do others wrong. I will never forgive you even if you ask. You will never amount to anything. You will never get to heaven if you cuss, drink, do drugs, cheat on your spouse or dance. Jesus says in Hebrews 13:5 "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." That's the kind of positive "never" I'm talking about!

Don't be one of the "lost boys". Invite Jesus into your heart and be forever his. He does say if you don't accept him as Savior you'll hear "Depart from me, I never knew you."

There's one thing for sure...If you continue to listen to the negative "nevers" in your life, you'll become a person God never intended you to be.

"Never is an awfully long time!" - Peter Pan
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good scripture from that bible and easier for me to understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheetal! Thanks for stopping by my blog. So glad my writing and explanation of Bible scripture was easy for you. Please check out many of my other posts that try to explain Jesus easily as well!

      Delete