Exemplifying Christ

Wednesday, October 28, 2015


Rana Elyse Mashburn, 17, received her wings Thursday, Oct. 22, 2015, at the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, from Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH), an auto immune disease in which a person’s immune system will attack its own tissues and organs.

Her mother Kathy writes in her obituary, Rana was a brave and faithful warrior for Jesus Christ, and I'm honored He found favor in healing her of this awful disease. She fought a courageous fight from day one and she never once stopped thinking of everyone else. She participated in several research studies and procedures in hopes others would be successful in like battles. Rana witnessed many times about her love of God and her salvation. She spoke and wrote more than once of talking to God and Randy, and I know she did. I believe she flew swiftly with wings to be with them in God's paradise. I am thankful she is in Heaven, and I praise God for calling her to an eternal life without sickness or sorrow. If anyone should not believe in God, remember Rana's battle, because she lived victoriously and loved unconditionally. She lived #RanaStrong! Celebrate her with love and happiness because that's what she would want. My heart breaks, but my soul sings, "How Great Thou Art!" God is faithful and He has blessed me beyond what I deserve. Rana was a gift I treasured, and I will love her forever!

The picture above shows a couple of things Rana said and asked while she was intubated for several months. "I actually have been praying for a testimony that God would use me." This gives me chills that a 17-year-old would be this wise and forthright about her living (and dying) sacrifice for Jesus. I can only hope to be so selfless.

Matthew 10:37-39 

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.  And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.  He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Rana was a good disciple worthy of Him. She is #JesusStrong.  I dedicate this blog to her. May her memory and testimony speak forever. #ranastrong

In loving tribute,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Comments

  1. Thank you so very much for sharing this! Rana was a student of a dear friend of mine from college, Miss Debby Barto. Through Debby, I have been following the #RanaStrong journey for the past few months. A testimony such as Rana's, as well as her family's testimony as they grieve will have eternal value forever. Amen!
    joanwpage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome Joan! Kathy, Rana's mom and I graduated high school together and are still friends after 34 years. Kathy and I were scheduled to have lunch together just before Rana became ill. You are right! Their whole family has a powerful testimony. Kathy is a strong woman that gave life to an unbelievably strong daughter. She will be sorely missed.

      Thanks for purchasing my book. I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know. I'm check out your blog asap! So nice to meet you even if it's through cyberspace. lol

      Delete