Our Master Bedroom Reveal

Saturday, September 15, 2018

I'll only get one chance at this Florida Dream House decorating gig so I better get it right. Decide the color scheme. Plan it and execute! Push always seems to come to shove wrapping things up to move in. I'm still way happy with the results. Today, I want to share with you our master bedroom reveal.

I can never leave God out of anything I accomplish because without him, I'd never accomplish anything. If you listen to God and do what he says, he takes care of all the big stuff and especially the small! The best thing about this bedroom is five years ago when I bought our master bedroom bed for our Georgia house, God encouraged me to buy the Ashley Furniture Protection Plan. This plan covers anything that could go wrong with your furniture for five years. If, in five years, you don't use the plan to replace your current furniture, you get the money you paid for the plan off the price of new furniture. The five years perfectly expired January 2018, just in time to purchase our master bedroom furniture for Florida. His plan, not mine.

The Master Bedroom

master bedroom reveal

beach pillowsmaster bedroomI ended up paying around $200 for the bed and nightstands. The bed frame is a king. I used a bunky board ($80) instead of a mattress foundation to make a platform bed which is low to the ground. King mattress from Mattress Firm $700. The lamps are from Home Goods for $39.99 each. The canvases I found at Kirkland's in Canton, GA on sale, reduced from $99.99 to $24.99! The pillows are from a Belk clearance for $80. The white quilt and shams is from TJMaxx for $39.99. The storage bench is from Amazon for $105. The drawers really work. My design on a dime for around $1300.

The Master Bath

florida bathroompinterest showerThe Master Bath is small but oh so lovely and adequate.  The Master Bath does not lend itself well to picture taking because it is narrow. The custom shower design on the right is from a late night Pinterest binge. It has a tile pebble bottom with a rain showerhead and custom window. You can't see the seat on the inside left. The vanity is shaker style matching the kitchen cabinets. I prefer overlap porcelain sink bowls, the sunken sinks are too hard to clean. lol The mirror is framed with the same coastal trim we used on all doors and windows painted white. Again, I will discuss paint colors in another blog post.

double closet doors
The double doors are our master closet. I love double doors! The bath rugs are from Bed, Bath and Beyond $24.99 each. The seahorse picture is from Rose's for $14.99. So inexpensive and perfect at the same time. I have a small linen tower holding our towels and washcloths in the right/left corner of the shower area from Walmart for $20.  I couldn't get a good picture of it. The linen tower is open and provides the ultimate area where Steve can pick up a towel and washcloth without having to bend over. Bending over restricts his breathing drastically.

The small square box you see beside the toilet is a set of scales. Weighing every day is so important at the Holiday House!

Everything else you see in the bathroom, hooks, toilet paper holder, etc. were included in the house contact.


And there you have our Master Bedroom Reveal including the Master Bath. I will post pictures and descriptions of the other three bedrooms, two baths, laundry room, living room, porch areas and paint colors later. Until then, have a good one....

Loving it 365,
Tammy


Comments