5 Positives to Glean from Caitlyn Jenner

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

bruce jenner
I don't want to keep a can of worms open but I do want to weigh-in on the Caitlyn Jenner topic. I've seen various Facebook posts from my friends that are disconcerting, unsettling at the least. I feel sad for Bruce Jenner. What would make an Olympic Champion want to change genders? We have the 20/20 Special dvr'd but I haven't watched it yet. I'm suspecting the cause goes deeper than "I've always felt more like a woman than a man."

Here are the positives I've gleaned from the highly publicized situation:

1. God wants to give us a new name. Revelation 2:17 says "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it." When we overcome the world through Jesus Christ, we receive a new name. God may have already given Bruce a new name. I just doubt it is Caitlyn.

2. Judgement is scary. If you believe what the Bible says in Matthew 7:1-2 "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." I don't think you'd be criticizing Bruce Jenner. My husband calls it karma. Call it what you want, just know God has the final say-so. You could wake up tomorrow morning with the burning desire (from your flesh, of course) to change genders!

3. Is a gender change sin? I don't know. Do you? This may be too much information but I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 30. Did I change my gender? No, but I have to take estrogen to keep myself sane and female. But that's ok because mine was medically necessary, right? Of course I'm gonna think that's a better reason because it was me!  But if I really truly believed Jesus, couldn't he have healed me? Surgery was so much easier!

4. Could Caitlyn Jenner be a Christian? Possibly. I don't know the heart of Bruce Jenner and neither does anyone else except God. The Bible says we will know people by their fruit. Remember, lemons are a fruit! I've seen people whom I believed were Christians do some awfully strange things. The good news is a gender change is forgivable if it is sin. So is judging others. Don't get me wrong. I believe sin is sin is sin. I just don't agree with the way Christians pick and choose what is sin and what isn't.

5. Is Caitlyn happy now? Probably not. Bruce Jenner proved to the world that achievement, wealth and fame does not a happy man make. He'll also prove it does not a happy woman make. What people, especially Christians, must realize is God gave his son so we can have eternal life through him. That's my belief. I believe our eternal life begins the moment we accept Jesus as Savior. So here's a nugget...If you aren't internally happy right now as a Christian don't expect to die and suddenly find happiness in heaven. Ain't gonna happen!

Those are the 5 things I gleaned from Caitlyn Jenner. Do you agree, disagree, don't care? lol What have you learned from his/her situation? Reply to this post or email me at tammy.stafford@hotmail.com.

Learning and growing every day,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Comments