Weirdly Weary

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

photo credit: learntocookbadgergirl.com
I am weirdly weary this week, are you? So much going on in the world. My community suffered 5 tragic deaths from auto accidents in the last two weeks, one of the victims was my cousin. I had another cousin to pass away yesterday, in his early 30's. Sickness all around. Court battles. Divorce. Terrorists. Pandemic scares. Weak leadership. Paperwork confounding progress.  I'm sure I've left something out that may come to your mind.

Michele Obama mandated Chickfila sandwiches be taken out of school lunchrooms because they are 90 calories too much for a meal. Never mind the special needs and budgetary gaps the profits from the sandwiches filled. Have you seen the junk served in school cafeterias lately? Approved by The White House. I had an awful thought last week. What if the Obama's are trying to raise a weak, sickly generation who are too weary to fight a wicked administration.

Now, when I get to thinking these things, things must be pretty bad. Alas, weary travelers, there is Hope with a capital H! The Bible says in the famously quoted scripture of Isaiah 40:31 "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."  Jeremiah 31:25-26 reminds us "For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul. Upon this I awaked, and beheld; and my sleep was sweet unto me."

The battle marches on. Good soldiers never quit. Fuel and refuel that weary body, mind and soul with words of victory from scripture. As Winston Churchill said "Never, never, never give up!" And as June from last week's newsletter said "I've read the book. The good guys win!"  Please, please, please make sure you're on the winning side.

Be sure to read the miracle below that was shared by Denise Griffin. Thanks so much for sharing Denise! If you'd like to share your very own miracle and have it published here next week, please email me at tammy.stafford@hotmail.com.

As told to me by Denise:

After a devastating time in my life when I lost my husband, I thought I was at my wit’s end.  After most of the emotions of the grieving process, I finally told God, if this is the way you want me to live my life – alone – then I will just trust you God.  It was all I had left.  I had cried and prayed and cried and prayed to the point of exhaustion.  And when I turned it over to God, he sent me Tony Lotspeich.  I didn't know how blessed my life was going to be – but God knew better.

In my heart, I know without a shadow of a doubt, that this was my miracle, and it makes me cry to just think about it.  Only God could have orchestrated our meeting – we didn't even know each other.  Tony followed only what he knew to be God’s direction in contacting me for no other reason than to watch his house while he was out of the country and he knew I walked by every day.  He didn't know me – just knew that I was an honest person and that I came from a good family.  But God knew that we needed each other.  After talking through messages for about 5 weeks, we finally met when he came home from Nova Scotia.  All it took was one touch of a hand to know that this was meant to be.  God is so good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renewed,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Comments