10 Reasons to Keep Singing

Wednesday, September 17, 2014


psalm 103
photo credit: revival.com
Listen to the song 10,000 Reasons here, before you read any further. The song is based on Psalm 103. 

The first five verses are:

Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

We sang this Sunday. The words "all that is within me" embedded in my being. What is within me, within us? A network of arteries, vessels, blood and organs? Yes, but that's not all. We have a soul designed specifically to praise our Creator! I believe Matt Redman, co-writer of 10,000 reasons, sings to Jesus like never before with all that is within him. Do we? We took communion Sunday in remembrance of Jesus. I started recalling events in my life that caused me to praise God with all that was within me, not holding anything back, totally consumed, giving him all of me because he gave his all for me. I'm sharing 10 reasons my heart finds to keep on singing, then I challenge you to reply to this email with just one reason for you to sing that I can share next week. 


  1. Beholding his glory at the top of the Swiss Alps. I praised Him and felt like I would be transported on to heaven like Elijah.
  2. Singing the last line of the 3rd verse of Blessed Assurance with complete realization of what it means to be "Filled with his goodness, lost in his love."
  3. Having his light shine upon me until his glory dawned while singing "O Beautiful Star". Sing it and you'll see.
  4. The night I knelt beside my bed, asked forgiveness for my sins and Jesus saved me.
  5. The pure love I felt the day God blessed my union to my husband and best friend Steve.
  6. The sweet relief I felt when Sydnee had all her toes. The worry-free feeling I had about Sloane's toes!
  7. My desire for everyone to have a personal relationship with Jesus.
  8. My longing to show Lisette who Jesus is.
  9. The thankfulness that explodes in my heart to have celebrated my parents 50th wedding anniversary six years ago!
  10. Being one of the lame he made walk.
What's your reason? Leave me a comment. 

Singing a new song,
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Comments