The trick to eating FREE on vacation is joining chain restaurants clubs and using coupons. Many restaurants have clubs but I'm sharing my favs. These restaurants continually prove to me they don't send junk mail! I receive valuable coupons and you can too! Coupons can be printed or conveniently shown to your server right on your smartphone for redemption. It's that simple! Below are a list of restaurants with FREE food.
Chili's Email Club Receive a free endless Chips and Salsa with registration. Requires the purchase of one adult entree. You will receive coupons from Chili's 1 to 2 times a week for FREE food options. Their Molten Cakes are to die for plus they have a $20 Dinner for Two that is awesome. Find a Chili's close to your vacation here.
Red Lobster Email Club. Get a free appetizer or dessert with the purchase of two adult entrees. Receive emails for special food events and discount coupons. Find a Red Lobster for your vacation here.
Arby's Get Deals. Receive a free roast beef sandwich with the purchase of a drink when you sign up. Arby's is always sending a free coupon for their latest taste crazes too! Find the nearest slicer here.
Long John Silver's Coupon Club. Get a free drink for signing up. LJS sends emails about current promotions and deals. For example, they have $1.99 Fish & Fries this week. This is my Dad's favorite place for fish. LJS gives Dad's a FREE meal on Father's Day. Score for Dad and me! Search locations here.
Longhorn Steakhouse eClub. Free appetizer with purchase of adult entree. Receive occasional coupons for free appetizer or dessert. Search for a Longhorn Steakhouse here.
Other perks of these restaurants and clubs:
- Serves FREE Water. Make FREE Lemonade by adding FREE sugar packets and FREE lemon to your FREE water.
- Sends FREE birthday coupons so it's sweeter if your vacationers celebrate birthdays in the same month!
- Join the clubs with multiple email addresses for more FREE stuff.
- Welcome customers to share food.
- No plate charge for sharing food.
- Allows customers to eat from the kids menu.
- 50 or older? Always ask for a senior drink. They are usually FREE or reduced price.
- The Combination Meals (sandwich, fries & drink) are not always the best value. For example, you can get the same or comparable food individually from the value menu at Wendy's, Burger King and Arby's cheaper than ordering a combo.
- Dipping sauces. Save your extras on vacation or for vacation. Extra sauces are .25 each.
- Check your local newspaper for chain restaurant coupons like Steak n Shake and McDonald's. McDonald's has Buy One Get One FREE coupons a lot!
- Pack individual Crystal Light or Koolaid packets to flavor FREE water.
- 55+? Look for restaurants that offer reduced senior pricing like IHOP, Outback Steakhouse (AARP members), Golden Corral, Arby's, Carrabba's Italian Grill (AARP members receive 20% off) and Applebee's.
- Save 25% at Papa Johns on pizza when ordering online. Use coupon code AARP25
- Take advantage of the kids menu whenever possible
- Pack some sandwich food and have a picnic at a rest area
Like these tips? Make sure you don't miss another Money Saving Thursday, join this site or sign up by email. Scroll down and look on the right side of the page to see how!
Getting hungry writing this,
The Happy Handicap