Finally, a light, non-gritty gluten-free biscuit that tastes like it is made from White Lily Self-rising Flour! I'm always looking for a better gluten-free biscuit mix/recipe. I found it in this one. What's better about it? I can name 10 things quickly:
- Smooth texture (not gritty like most gluten-free mixes)
- Split-able (doesn't fall apart like Bisquick gluten-free)
- Yummy homemade taste
- Can be rolled and cut into rounds easily
- Browns evenly
- Reasonably priced mix
- Tastes great re-heated
- Almost white on the inside instead of dinghy brown (I got the whiter color by using egg whites)
- All the fam loves them
- Mix has a loooong shelf life (10 years)
Walmart for $4! Walmart sells it cheaper than the manufacturer website. Was this mix a hidden secret or did I uncover the gluten-free find of the year? Have you tried it? I simply followed the recipe on the can to make the best ever gluten-free biscuits I've tasted. Yummo!
I'd appreciate your comments or reviews of this buttermilk biscuit mix and other Augason Farms gluten-free products you've tried.
Excited about this product,
The Happy Handicap