The Secret to Flavorful Chicken Salad

Friday, September 27, 2013


Begin with two chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
Bake at 400 for 30-35 minutes
or until done throughout.
This is where I start to do things a bit different
Process the baked chicken breasts in your food processor
to look like this
Add your fruit & veggies
1 cup of quartered red seedless grapes
1 large stalk celery diced
1 medium carrot julienned
1/4 cup diced red pepper
 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped pecans
I use my Pampered Chef manual food processor
to chop the pecans
so fast and simple
put everything on top
 of your chopped chicken
get ready to combine ingredients
it should look something like this
before mixing
if i don't have red seedless grapes
or if they are not in season and sour,
i use my favorite apple chopped or
chopped strawberries tastes wonderful also!
now for my secret ingredient
drum roll please...
to bind all the dry ingredients together
use about 3 tbsp. Hellman's mayonaisse
( Hellmann's is gluten free!)
1 to 1 1/2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
(Pomegranate infused provides healthy antioxidants)
1 heaping tbsp of sugar to balance the acid
AND
my "go-to" seasoning always, always
(but don't tell anyone)
The Secret to Flavorful Chicken Salad...
MRS. DASH ORIGINAL!!!
salt & pepper to taste
 Oh, and...
everything is better and healthier 
with a fresh squeeze of lemon.
and...that's right
no onions in this chicken salad!
this is what you get.

perfect chicken salad
every time.
add some crackers or toast 
(gluten free of course),
on a bed of spring greens
and 
ENJOY!
So fresh, So flavorful
stored in an air-tight container
for at least 7 days!
Double the recipe because
you're gonna love it!
my family never gets tired
of eating this flavorful chicken salad.
They even ASK me to make it!!!


wtf meaning "with tasty flavor",
Tammy
The Happy Handicap

Now you share with me your secret to great chicken salad
  I love comments!




Comments