I'm gonna try to unravel some of the mysteries about myself....for myself.
After all, we can always improve. Although, Steve keeps telling me I'm perfect! So, I don't see any need to improve anything for him since "perfection" requires no correction. But.....this is how I feel.
I plan to work on the "parts" that drive me crazy about myself. Want to join me and make your own list? Here's my top 3:
- I can't enjoy Christmas with a dirty house. I have enjoyed being hostess for my in-laws for the past several years. I clean my house until I am in pain and have to recuperate for two days. Why is this? Because I don't think they even notice! Do you think if I didn't clean the house they wouldn't ever come back? Exactly! They don't love me for a clean house, they love me for the food! Next year I'm concentrating on the food, ditching the cleaning and making them and me merry!
- I can't quit snacking...at midnight. Steve has completely done a 180 on his diet and I can't quit eating sugar, drinking diet soda or maintain a regular eating schedule. The Ding Dong dilemma might have been sad for some folks but Hostess did me a favor by not baking any more Twinkies! Next year I'm practicing some reverse psychology on me. "Sugar is good for this body, therefore I will not eat it"!
- I can't get up in the morning. I AM NOT AN EARLY RISER! Yes, this drives me crazy. I really want to get up and start my day with a bang but it never works out that way. My day usually starts out with a stretch, a yawn and a little pep talk of "Go ahead and sleep 30 more minutes and you'll be able to conquer the world". I can stay up all night but can't wake early. Next year I will focus on increasing my zeal for the sunrise, awake hours and worms!
- I thought you might get tired of reading, and
- Honestly, I don't think I annoy myself that much!
Desperately seeking self-improvement,
The Happy Handicap